This summer, as the lockout dragged on, many NBA players took their games to the blacktop much to the delight of fans who crowded into cages and gyms around the country. Rucker Park, the most storied of all the playgrounds in New York City, saw its fair share of action. For a time, Kevin Durant lit up the Ruck. In one game he dropped 66 points.
Apparently, not everyone took delight to Durant’s and others’ exploits in New York. Metta World Peace (formerly Ron Artest) took offense to all the NBAers playing in his city over the summer. World Peace has taken to New York’s blacktops every summer since he has joined the league and has made appearances during the annual EBC game at Rucker. Therefore, it is clear to see why he views his team as the tops in the city and took to Twitter on Friday afternoon to issue a challenge to Durant and anyone who would want to face his team, the TruWariers.
- Truwarier’s verses Kevin Durants team. I got 200k or 300k on it!! Winner take all. For now I’m in LA!! Email my management if yal want it!!
- Anybody in america who really want to to play against my team forth money email Artestamg@gmail.com I’m tired of this! I run NYC streetball!
- I’ll take my squad with no pro players against any squad and there pro players. Artestamg@gmail.com Email me my management if u ready!!
- I can’t believe people trying to take over my city.. For 13 yrs I Been in the league. And ever summer I dominated streetball. Truwarier!
- NYC after I finish these couple movies and if the league don’t start up. I’m touching ground and any pro player wanna ball come get it!NYC!
Then, later in the evening:
- Get the best from the goodman league. I’ll put together a squad , Homocide , special effex etc… And we will see !!
- I leave the city one summer for a bit then players trying to take the throne!!!! Hold it down while I’m gone NY!!
- I’ve been playing in Rucker since 16 yrs old. I never lost one game in the Rucker!! Ever!! It’s documented!! I run street ball!! Ball’n!
Yes, that is the real e-mail for his management. One can only gather that he is completely serious. So, Queens Bridge, and the rest of the country, standup. Let us hope that Durant accepts the challenge. The rest of the exhibition games have lost their spark, but this one would be something to look forward to, at least after World Peace finishes making movies and the league’s lockout continues.